Thursday, March 19, 2009

Emma's birthday

Emma will soon be 8 (in 5 days). What a life she's had!!! I remember this little girl who could not speak, who could barely sign. Then the words started to come, along with a few "swear words".

Last year, we practiced for 2 weeks before her birthday, that she would say 7 when asked how old she was. This year, Emma will tell you that her birthday is in March and that on her birthday, she will be 8. There will be a cake, and candles, TOYS, and presents, A PARTY.

Emma loves a party. She prefers birthday parties and tea parties, and beach parties, oh, and picnic parties...

When I look back, I almost can't believe that my little baby girl will soon be 8. She's all grown up and happy as can be. Emma simply loves life. She is so enthusiastic about almost everything. Right now, she's into: "What's that sound?" and "I'm scared", or "Don't scare me", or "I'm sick: Emma doctor" or "booboo, Emma CHEO" (our local children's hospital).

We are sure throwing a party to celebrate Emma's birthday, to celebrate having her into our lives. Actually, we are having 3 parties. One on Sunday with my family, one on Monday, along with her soul sister Paige (whose birthday is one day before Emma's) at school, and one on Tuesday, her actual birth day, with our neighbours.

2 comments:

  1. That's great Camille. Happy Birthday Emma - what a language explosion in just a year - it must feel wonderful - for Emma to have achieved it and for you to hear her say it all. 3 is a very lucky number - and a good number of parties to have I think. I always liked a birthday festival myself - it would go for a full week. That was before the twins were born though - because their birthday is the day before mine mine tends to get forgotten these days (not such a bad thing at my age!). Welcome back - I'll have to update my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Emma, you are the very best gift Paige ever, ever got for her birthday!!

    Hugs and kisses to you, maybe next year I'll buy you a van of your very own to play in! :)

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete