Saturday, April 4, 2009

TIMES ARE A CHANGING




Well, Amy is now 16; she's got her learner's license since two weeks!!!








The first time she drove my car, I was a nervous wreck! I must admit that she is quite good behind the wheel. I thought that my hair was going to turn white instantly, but I survived.

Emma was saying, from the back seat: "Don't scare me", I was stepping on my imaginary breaks, I was holding on to the door.

Amy said that it was much more fun to drive with Dad. HE was joking around. I know, I have to let go, but I had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that this girl of mine is getting ready to fly the coop. To this day, I had never imagined sitting on the passenger's seat, my baby girl at the wheel.

I am just being silly. I am letting her get ready to fly and I enjoy watching her becoming this beautiful woman, with strong convictions, with a no nonsense attitude.

Tonight, she is gone to a concert in Montreal, along with 2 friends. Carl and another dad will wait not too far from the concert hall, their cell phone "on guard" for the call to get them. When you grow up on a farm, it is quite exciting to discover the city's night life!!! She was so anxious to get going and she looked so beautiful.

Amy is talking about becoming a psychologist. She has chosen her courses for the next 3 years. She rides her horse with such love. She has a boyfriend who is quite nice. Her path in life is starting to take shape.

Now, I get to sit back and watch her take her flight and enjoy witnessing her make a thousand new discoveries a week...

Enjoy the ride, sweet girl of mine.




1 comment:

  1. Definitely an exciting time - but I think it would be very scary for her Mum!

    ReplyDelete