Thursday, August 13, 2009

AMY'S FIRST EVENT





After yet another rocky season debut, Amy finally participated in her very first eventing competition.

There are 3 disciplines in eventing: dressage, stadium jumping and cross country.

I am very proud of my girl, but mostly I am happy for her. I am happy that she gets to do something she really, really enjoys. The first 10 gets ribbons. Amy placed 8th out of sixty riders in her class. Way to go Ame...

Last week we went to look at a horse for Emma. Her name is Casey's Command. She is a 15 years old Palomino quarter horse who was trained in reining. My cousin who owns her showed Amy how to "spin". Amy, of course, is in love, AGAIN. The best part, though, is that Emma also rode her. And it went great. Casey is small enough for us to walk beside Emma. And she is so calm. We want her so bad but we need to let go of 1 horse before Casey can come home with us. A lady is coming to ride Winston on Monday. Amy will be so sad to see him go. He was her very first show horse, but she is willing to do this so Emma can have her own horse.

Did I mention that Casey is pregnant? By the end of next June, we should have a foal in our field!!!

This Fall, I will get rid of my fear of riding. I will take riding lessons and ride Casey. Then I will truly be able to share with my girls their love of riding. Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - a horse of her own and a big sister to help too. Horses are magnificant aren't they? One of my magaizines has an article ona 'herd of rare icelandic horses' with lovely long coats and gorgeous eyes - it almost made me wished we lived in country VIctoria. When Kit commented on how happy the woman in the article looked - I had to reply - no wonder - look at the beautiful horses she looks after.

    Glad teh beach was fun - Hannah absolutely loves it there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think I know another little girl who would love, love, love a chance to ride on Casey's Command! Maybe Em will trade a ride on her own horse for some time in my van? :)

    ReplyDelete