Thursday, August 27, 2009

SUPER AQUA CLUB




At least once every summer, we like to go to the water slides park.
Emma is getting older, and taller. She is now exactly 4 feet. 4 feet is the mark every kid wants to reach in order to be allowed the go on the BIG SLIDES...
Last year, Emma did one or two bigger slides (the ones on which it is permitted to sit on an adult's lap).
Well, guess what? Emma's new gig this summer is: I'm scared!!! She would not go on any bigger slides, not even the ones she did last year. Oh well, she had a ball on the kiddy slides and just loves the wave pool and the lazy river. It was great to watch her go up and down independently. She would wait her turn and initiated some races against other children.
As for Amy, who could not find a friend to come with us, she was stuck with her parents. Dad tried to go with her on a BIG ONE. But guess what? Dad is afraid of height, so after 2 flights of steps, he told her he had to turn around or he would have a heart attack!!!
I did go on some BIG SLIDES with Amy, but she had to wait for me as I struggled to go up the 90, yes, 90 steps to reach the top. When I got out of the car after the one hour drive back home, my left hip and knee would not support me. Carl, who is not a water person, was "waterlogged". Talk about having older, out of shape parents...
We shall go again next year as this outing has become a tradition...

1 comment:

  1. You are so brave!! I love that about you so much - you are always willing to take Em on a new adventure, and let her go! I'd be scared to death - to go myself, or to let Paige go, lol.

    She looks like she is having sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete